Have you ever sat with your head in your hands, nearly pulling out your hair, trying to write a captivating piece? You’re not alone.
Each time you begin on a blank page, remember there are some crucial tools that you just can’t do without.
These are the writer’s tools, and they can make a writer’s work that much easier as they help save time, help maximize productivity and ultimately produce an engaging piece that everyone can appreciate.
Without these tools, you will be like a fisherman with no fishing boat or net who still expects to catch fish.
Below are five tools that will make your work easier and amplify your writing productivity and efficiency.
Copyscape is an online plagiarism tool that lets you check if text similar to your own has already appeared on the web. It can also be used to make sure that you avoid repeating yourself.
Using Copyscape will help you avoid the possibility of any legal trouble from other publishers on the internet.
With Copyscape, you can choose between free-to-use or premium. Going for the premium version is a good idea as it provides better detection, compared to the free version.
As a writer, if you want to produce high-quality work that is free from plagiarism, Copyscape should be your best friend. Check out some of the merits of using this tool:
- An inexpensive tool, it only requires $0.06/page for every search you make.
- It allows your work to have originality.
- It also allows you to set up alerts for all texts that are matching.
- The free Copyscape version is easy to use.
Grammarly is a tool that each writer should keep close to their hearts, an excellent instrument for both native and non-native writers.
This tool corrects basic to advanced grammatical errors in the work of a writer, providing you with a real-time guide and suggestions on how you can correct mistakes.
With Grammarly, you can also adjust the feedback regarding your genre, i.e., formal or informal. In addition to this, you can set goals based on your intent, audience, style, emotion and domain.
Grammarly has a premium and a free version. The premium version offers you more detailed suggestions than the free version. If you are a non-native English writer, the premium version should be your choice. It will help you improve your knowledge of English grammar rules.
If you take your craft seriously Grammarly should be the tool you shouldn’t lack and here is why:
- Simple to use
- Improves vocabulary
- Helps writers write free from grammatical mistakes
- Allows writers work to be more engaging
- Excels at helping writers improve their writing skills
- Has an MS Word and a Google Chrome extension
- Allows you to set a number of language preferences
3. Note-Taking Software or a Notebook
You probably understand how crucial it is to take notes.
Note-taking software or a notebook is one of the vital tools a writer should not lack. This is because it allows you to take notes as you write.
Taking notes lets you focus on your work, and it also engages your mind.
The market has a wide array of note-taking software, and some are free.
You can opt for Apple Notes, which is easy to sync with all your devices, or other software platforms, including EverNote.
Have you ever given thought to using note-taking software? Here are some advantages:
- Note-taking software makes it easier to share notes with other people you are working with on the same project.
- Software can easily be synced to an app on your phone or computer, thus allowing you access to your notes from anywhere.
- A notebook is lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Both note-taking software and notebook help you to organize your information.
- Note-taking keeps your mind engaged and focused.
4. A Reliable Computer
If you write for a living, your computer is the primary tool of your craft.
As a writer, not only should you have a computer, but it should be reliable.
If your computer is unreliable, it will get in the way of completing your work. Fix all the issues that your computer may have to make it more efficient and reliable while working.
You could think about investing in a backup computer to be on the safe side in case of any malfunctions.
Here are the benefits of owning a reliable computer:
- It helps you store your information.
- It allows you to organize, sort and search through that information.
- Connects you to the internet and allow you to carry out your research with ease.
- A computer can keep you connected with long-distance friends and family as you communicate with them through emails and social networks.
- Aid you in making money and can help save you time.
5. Hemingway App
Hemingway is a tool that makes your writing bold and clear. This tool corrects grammar, sentence structure, and fluency so that writing can be clean and clear, making it easy for readers to understand the message you are trying to convey.
If you are looking for a tool that can help with the delivery of the message the Hemingway App is the tool to use.
Here are some benefits to using Hemingway::
- Your writing will improve the more you use this tool.
- It is user-friendly. Anyone can use this tool, especially if you are acquainted with copying and pasting.
- It allows writers to create better and sound writing.
- This tool does not have any word limit.
Get Started Today
The above tools are only but a few of the tools that each writer requires.
You might not be sure you need all the listed tools, but try them, and you might be surprised at the difference they can make on your writing.
You’re moments away from a huge selection of courses that will improve your writing skills and increase your copywriter salary.
Jumpstart your writing career today!
Photo by Freepik