Remember what Chris Ducker said about entrepreneurs’ most valuable commodity?
Now, think about those day-to-day activities you’re taking care of… Should you really be the one doing them ALL?
Yeah, yeah, we know that you have a lot of work and limited time and financial resources.
Still, rest assured that hiring a competent Virtual Assistant will enhance your productivity and enable you to put your online business on the fast path to growth and success.
Not only will you have more time to devote to the core income-generating activities, but you’ll have more free time to spend relaxing with your dearest ones while your business empire is expanding.
No matter what industry you’re involved in, start with creating a list of duties:
- you think you’re best at and you love doing,
- you would like to do but cannot and
- you don’t have enough time to do.
Now the whole picture is getting clearer, right?
You’re perfectly aware of all those monotonous, time-consuming daily activities you’d better outsource to a Virtual Assistant, aren’t you?
And by the way, don’t worry about tracking time with your Virtual Assistant. With a nifty tool like Hubstaff, you can keep track of all the billable hours you will pay for. Clever, right?
Now, let’s point out some of the time-saving tasks a Virtual Assistant can perform efficiently for you.
Learn how to become a successful Virtual Assistant. Get your free cheat sheet.
Organisation and Administrative Tasks
When it comes to organising your daily activities, managing your super busy schedules and your business administration, hiring a reliable Virtual Assistant will undoubtedly do a lot of good for you and your company.
After all, you cannot expect to be productive if you’re not super organised, right?
Seasoned Virtual Assistants are immensely helpful in:
- Scheduling your appointments
- Planning and arranging travels
- Tracking deadlines and sending you reminders
- Data entry
- File storage and organisation
- Creating and managing Spreadsheets
- Preparing presentations
- Preparing online meeting minutes
- Creating reports
- Creating and updating charts, graphs, pivot tables etc.
- Creating various document templates and forms
- Creating surveys, monitoring and reporting results
- Project management between you and the rest of your team
- Preparing training materials and training new team members
- Handling and filtering emails and keeping all your business correspondence organised and easily accessible
- Managing and screening phone calls
- Preparing agendas for online meetings or telephone conference calls
- Building your business database
- Managing your data/system backups
- Planning events and sending invites
- Transcribing audio or video files
- Keeping an eye on industry news, summarising them and sending you alerts and much more.
In short, a Virtual Assistant who is well-organised and skilled in data management can set up and systematise almost all your business procedures.
By taking on all those pesky business administration and organisation tasks, your Virtual Assistant will directly and strongly support your business development.
Many Virtual Assistants nowadays are skilled in accounting and bookkeeping. Then, why would you let these mundane activities suck your precious time when you can spend it on more strategic activities?
Here’s what cost management activities a trustworthy Virtual Assistant can handle to spare you the stress:
- Processing invoice transactions
- Performing your accounting related transactions
- Processing receipts
- Inputting receipts to a spreadsheet
- Tracking and logging your business expenses
- Regularly providing reports or emailing a list of your expenses
- Reconciling all your transactions
- Billing clients
- Chasing late payments
- Perform basic bookkeeping using tools such as MYOB, XERO & Quickbooks
- Yearly tax preparation and other similar duties.
Entrepreneurs sometimes leave all this work to pile up, which is not recommendable, especially when there’s someone skillful who can keep an eye on your budget so that you always know whether your projects are on the right track financially.
Editing Video or Audio Files
With the help of a vetted Virtual Assistant, you can create a raw video or audio materials and provide instructions on how to edit them so that you don’t need to worry about those details that usually take up a lot of your time.
When it comes to video or audio editing, a skilled Virtual Assistant can lend you a hand in the following tasks:
- Rearranging, adding and/or removing sections of video clips and/or audio clips
- Creating smooth transitions between video clips
- Correcting colour
- Adding extra elements: effects, graphics, music, etc. to improve videos
- Applying filters and other enhancements
- Removing unwanted and flawed bits
- Removing background noise
- Transcribing video and audio files
- Sourcing, creating and adding a basic video and audio intro
- Sourcing, creating and adding a basic video and audio outro
- Annotating videos
- Uploading videos on YouTube or Vimeo
- Uploading videos to various social media channels
- Uploading videos to other video sharing sites
- Uploading video or audio files (e.g. podcasts) to your blog posts
- Other basic video and audio editing tasks (picture and/or sound).
A Virtual Assistant trained in visual and audio technology is capable of performing these and other similar tasks quickly and in turn save you tons of money and valuable time.
When the work’s been done, you can review it, provide feedback and ask for some tweaks if needed.
Or you can even take it a step further and ask your qualified Virtual Assistant to create video and audio presentations and other types of files for your business from scratch based on your detailed guidelines if that’s what they excel at.
Customer Support Tasks
Although customer support is critical for almost any business, communicating with every single customer personally is bound to become extremely tough and time-consuming as your business grows.
So, you should find a Virtual Assistant with superb communication skills to provide customer service on your behalf and develop long-term relationships with your customers.
Customer support duties you could delegate to your VA involve:
- Setting up a customer support system in your online company if you haven’t had one
- Responding to customer enquiries and help requests via phone
- Making outbound calls e.g. via Skype
- Regularly checking and responding to voicemail
- Returning phone calls on your behalf when needed
- Responding to email enquiries
- Receiving, reading, sorting, and filing emails
- Writing, proofreading, editing and sending follow-up emails to customers
- Writing, proofreading, editing and sending outbound emails to customers
- Responding to website live chat enquiries
- Providing live chat support when customers need help
- Setting up email autoresponder
- Setting up live chat
- Creating support tickets, responding to them and closing them
- Processing customers’ orders
- Processing refunds
- Sending greeting cards, thank-you notes and invitations to customers or clients
What’s more, getting in touch with other companies’ customer and tech support (when you’re a customer) or supplier liaison are additional business communication activities on which a good VA could save you hours.
You could also provide guidelines for creating email templates and phone scripts (or create them yourself) to ensure consistency in customer service.
Online Research Tasks
One of the most time-consuming activities in any business is conducting extensive research. Yet, it is necessary for making a solid foundation for your future business decisions and moves.
So, why wouldn’t you free up some time and farm out the tiresome research to a Virtual Assistant with outstanding skills, who can collect the right information for you?
Assigning the following research tasks to your Virtual Assistant depending on their expertise level will make your life much easier:
- Doing general web search on a given topic
- Product hunt
- Keyword research
- Pricing research and comparison
- Finding relevant information about your competitors
- Finding the best application(s) for a particular task
- Searching for the lowest-cost utility provider
- Figuring out the highest-rated product for a particular use
- Researching blog posts to figure out what gets read in your niche
- Researching topics related to your services or products around which you could create content
- Finding corporate media companies where you can advertise your business
- Researching customer support platforms suitable for your customer’s needs
- Researching social media platforms where your target audience typically spends most time
- Hashtag research
- Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and other social media keyword research
- Researching webinar platforms suitable for your customers or client’s needs
- Finding third party tools most suitable for your clients or customers’ needs and requirements
- Researching market trends and finding out the latest ones in your area of expertise and so on.
Don’t you agree that having a well versed Virtual Assistant do all this heavy lifting for you could save a huge amount of your time?
Not only can your VA gather all the necessary data for you, but organise and present them in a form that is easy to read and understand so that the important points stand out.
What’s more, your VA can double-check all the facts for accuracy, as well as suggest what they see as the best possible or cost-effective further steps to take.
So, how much is YOUR time worth to you?
Don’t you think that hiring a skilled Virtual Assistant for all those more or less routine activities that suck time from every single day is a wise investment?
No? Well… Think again…
Then, stop wasting time and burning money and start growing your business faster with the help of a trained Virtual Assistant.