You’re in the right place if you’re wondering how you can work for Amazon from the comfort of your own home.
Like many others, you want to know how to make money from home and build a career working for the most valuable company in the world.
Companies and their employees alike are increasingly favoring work-from-home jobs, as they’re beneficial to both.
More productivity, financial savings for both parties, better work-life balance, and lower energy use that leads to better care for the environment all make this an ever-growing preference.
Amazon offers a range of remote positions, available in the different sections of the company.
Human resources, customer service and support, logistics, and Amazon web services — you can get remote work from all of these sections of the company and more.
Build your career with full-time and part-time work-from-home jobs at Amazon.
Work-From-Home Jobs Available at Amazon
The Amazon virtual locations job page is the only way to look at work-from-home jobs with the company.
Here, you’ll find a list of all the open positions, their requirements, and instructions on how to apply.
Following is a list of some of the positions available at Amazon you can apply to:
Full-Time Work-From-Home Jobs
- Software developer — You’ll need to have the skills and experience necessary for this position, where you’ll develop easy-to-use web and mobile applications for Amazon customers.
- Amazon Web Service technicians — Here, you’ll support many customers who trust and use AWS services from the market leader.
- AWS Solution Architects — Is a remote position with regular travel. You’ll need social skills to handle clients during the business development process.
- User Experience(UX) designers — Develop appealing web and mobile application designs for easy and enjoyable use of Amazon products.
- Amazon Web Service Security Consultants — Need advanced technical skills. With them, you’ll protect the company and its customers from external online threats.
- Human Resource Program Manager — You’ll put in place programs to ensure an enjoyable experience for Amazon workers.
- Marketing Managers — Build engagement and reach more customers and potential customers to help grow sales.
- Diversity and Inclusion leader — Requires high awareness and social skills. You’ll make sure that Amazon maintains its equal opportunity employer status.
- Financial analyst — Should enjoy working with numbers, as you’ll build and maintain budgets that help make profits for the different projects you’re in.
- Business Development Specialists — A sales position that needs business savvy, sales skills, customer service, and technical knowledge of Amazon web services.
- Customer Support — An online customer service Amazon position, where you’ll help customers navigate the platform from purchase to delivery.
Seasonal Work-From-Home Jobs
- Selling Partner Support Associates for different foreign languages — This is a 6-month contract position, and to get this position you need to be fluent in the foreign language required as per the job advertisement.
How to Get Work From Home Jobs With Amazon
The best way to do this is to visit their virtual jobs website.
Once you’re there, look through the listed positions to find the one most suitable for your skills.
Click on the job listings menu on the left to search for the specific job you want, or search for it on the website search bar. Doing this can help you narrow down the options.
When you find your preferred remote Amazon position, click on it to read the job details as provided. This helps you in determining whether you’re the right fit for the job.
If the job description indicates that you are a perfect fit for the job, you can move on to the next step: application.
At the top of the job description page, you’ll find a large orange “apply now” button.
There — on the Amazon jobs application page — you can fill out your job application details.
Prepare your CV and cover letter before application, as you will upload them during this stage.
Also, be sure to update your LinkedIn profile as you can use it to apply to the job in place of your CV — Amazon directs you on how to do this.
Once you finish applying, wait for the shortlisting process to take place.
The next stage of the application process, after shortlisting, is the interview. And it’s very probable that this will take place online.
Online interviews are as easy or difficult as face-to-face interviews. So, prepare well — for example, brush up on your technical knowledge if you’re applying for a technical job, as well as your people skills.
Before interview day, test your equipment. Make sure that your laptop’s camera is working and that you are audible and visible to your interviewer.
Prepare your interview attire. Always look professional — even for a remote job that you will do in your pajamas.
Make eye contact with your interviewer, relax, and answer questions with confidence. It’s a good idea to prepare how you’ll answer these interview questions with a friend or interview coach.
Also, make sure to prepare your own questions in advance that you want to ask your interviewer.
Have a backup plan for your technology, in the case that it fails during the interview. You can opt for a phone interview or reschedule for a later time.
What You Need to Be Successful at Your Amazon Work-From-Home Jobs
When you finally land your remote job, you’ll get more information and advice on how to do it. This will include how to communicate with the team and your deliverables.
Different tasks will require different tools to be able to do well, one example being the basic tools for every customer service worker — a comfortable seat and desk, a smartphone, a headset, and a stable internet connection.
On the other hand, a smartphone and a car or bike are necessary for those working in delivery jobs. You will also need the capacity to drive for long distances and the ability to work long hours.
Amazon’s technical positions need specialized skills and training, which is unlike customer service tasks where you can rely on skills from other jobs.
Software development and Amazon Web Services support jobs will need training and experience. Required is a portfolio of projects, or a few years of similar experience from another job to the position you apply to.
Human resource management, marketing, and finance will also need training and prior experience — you’ll need to show that you have the required skills and qualifications to carry out these jobs.
Can I Work From Home With No Experience?
There are many location independent jobs — either full-time or part-time — that you can take up, even without experience.
Getting remote work without it requires a large amount of luck and knowing where to look.
At Amazon, jobs you can get without experience include:
- Customer Service
- Customer Deliveries
- Sales Representative
- Marketing Representative
- Data Mining
- Data Entry
To get a remote job at Amazon without experience, you’ll have to apply through the Amazon Mechanical Turk website.
The disadvantages of choosing remote work are that, first, you can’t rely on these tasks for full-time income. It can also take a lot of time to get your applications approved, as competition is quite high.
However, you can make some extra income, gain skills, and learn customer service, which you can then use to apply to full-time work.
A laptop or a smartphone, and an internet connection, are all the tools you need.
A remote job with Amazon is an excellent choice to make.
Remote jobs ensure that you save time on your commute, and are comfortable and productive.
But you need extra skills on top of your experience and education, in order to build a career with location independent jobs.
Check out Small Revolution — a training website that will help you gain the skills you need to grow and succeed at all your work-from-home jobs.