Steady work, reliable pay, available globally, Amazon customer service jobs are worth your consideration.
There’s plenty of work to go around with Amazon customer service jobs available in 16 different languages and more than 130 geographical locations.
Also, at $11-$15 an hour (depending on your skills and job type), Amazon offers more than double the federal minimum wage.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Amazon customer service jobs are about preventing and solving problems for customers. Whether it’s through the Amazon website and shopping apps or Amazon devices such as Alexa and Kindle, creativity and problem-solving goes into raising the bar on customer experience.
Each customer contact point is a chance to deliver that unbeatable service and find ways to improve it.
You can learn more about Amazon customer service from this course by Small Revolution. It gives more insight into customer experience, communication across different cultures, handling unhappy customers, and evaluates your progress.
Do you have the creativity and problem-solving skills needed for Amazon’s customer service jobs? Are you great at listening? Here are some of the customer service jobs available and how you can get started.
Virtual Customer Service Associate
How does Amazon process orders from over 100 million customers? How does Amazon make sure the right item gets to the right customer at an appropriate time?
By working with a virtual customer service associate.
Working primarily through phone, email, and chat, a customer service associate’s job is to speed up orders and solve post-sale problems. You could be helping the delivery driver get to the customer on time, handling returns, or helping a customer locate a package.
What Are the Working Hours?
This job is a full-time position, meaning you’ll be working on one or both weekend days (with overtime requirements), during peak season (November-January), and working on holidays.
What Are the Basic Requirements for This Job?
This is a remote job, so here’s what you’re going to need:
- Live at a listed location. Amazon serves customers worldwide and needs a diverse team of customer service associates to do this.
- Fast internet connectivity (Amazon recommends 10 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload).
- Means of communication (landline or cellphone).
- Proficiency in the listed language (verbal and written).
- A home environment free from noise and distraction.
What Are the Preferred Qualifications?
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a previous customer service environment.
- A high school diploma.
- Understanding of Windows, Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
What Is the Application Process Like?
- You can search for jobs by their title on Amazon Jobs. Narrow down your search title to a customer service associate position.
- Select and apply for the position and location that best suits you.Note: Amazon’s associate positions are available in different geographic locations and languages.
- You’ll then be assessed through various tasks that evaluate your problem-solving skills, prioritization abilities, and other necessary competencies.
- After the assessment, you’ll be invited to a phone interview with behavioral questions. For instance, when you last faced a challenge and how you overcame it.
- After about two business days, you’ll be invited to either an in-person interview or a virtual one. Expect more questions on your past work experience and the challenges you’ve faced.
- After about five business days, you should hear back from the recruitment department. If you’re successful, Amazon provides you with the training and equipment needed for the job.
You can learn more about the customer service associate application process and get some preparation tips for interviewing at Amazon.
Here are some tips on writing your resume for this position. They include detailed examples of well-written resumes to get you started.
Digital Devices & Alexa Support Associate
“Alexa, can I work for you?”
Yes, you can. All while working from home.
Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant, can speak 8 languages, track your shopping orders, and even keep you entertained (among another 50,000 skills).
“Alexa, how can you do all this?”
With the help of digital devices & Alexa support associates.
As a support associate, your job is to ensure Alexa lives up to that standard of customer service experience expected of Amazon products. This could be sharing technical information with customers in simple language or walking them through self-service solutions.
It’s about listening to the customers and delivering a world-class support service experience, so you have to be great at problem-solving, innovative, and passionate about technology.
What Are the Working Hours?
This is a full-time job, but the working hours are flexible. There may be overtime requirements during the holiday season; you may also work on weekends, public holidays, or during events.
What Are the Basic Requirements?
- You need to be living in the listed location.
- You must be over 18 years and with a national ID or permanent resident ID from the listed country.
- You must have wired internet connectivity (Amazon recommends 10 Mbps for download and 2 Mbps for upload).
- Proficiency in the listed language (spoken and written).
- You must be able to work overtime.
- You must have a high school diploma.
What Are the Preferred Requirements?
- You must be familiar with Amazon’s device platforms and digital services.
- You must be able to communicate technical information and instructions simply, for troubleshooting purposes.
- You must be up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the technology industry.
- You must be passionate and curious about technology.
- You must be able to listen to customer problems and solve them.
Got What It Takes? Here’s How to Apply.
This is a remote job, so the application process is similar to the virtual customer service associate position. It starts with searching for the role on Amazon jobs, after which you’ll be assessed and invited to subsequent interviews and training.
Yes, it’s that simple.
Here’s a course on writing a resume for an e-commerce employer. It comes with real-life examples of well-written resumes you can use as your template.
Amazon Ring Customer Service
How about this? Work from home, make a difference, skill up. Interested?
At Amazon Ring, the goal is simple, keeping neighborhoods safe. From doorbell cameras, smart lighting, and alarm systems, Amazon Ring provides home security services in all 50 US states and parts of Canada. You too can be a part of this mission.
As part of the Amazon Ring customer service team, your job is to keep customer accounts safe. This involves communicating with customers and team members through chat, email, or phone calls and providing solutions to account-related problems.
After a 3-week long virtual training, you should be able to perform the various tasks associated with the role while working from home.
What Are the Working Hours?
This is a temporary job with an opportunity for long-term employment. However, there are overtime requirements. This will depend on customer needs, events, or the business season.
Up for It? Here Are the Basic Requirements.
- You must be within a 2-hour driving radius of the Amazon Malvern office in Pennsylvania.
- You must be able to attend 3 weeks of virtual training.
- You must have a high school or equivalent diploma.
- You need to have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be able to handle overtime.
Here Are the Preferred Requirements.
- You need to have previous experience in customer service.
- You must be able to maintain consistent and reliable attendance, according to the assigned schedule.
- You need to have previous call center experience.
- You must be able to communicate through various means including, chat, email, and voice calls.
- You need to be able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently to handle multiple customer problems.
How to Apply.
You need to apply from the Amazon Jobs website by narrowing down your search to Amazon Ring customer service. You’ll then be able to provide the necessary details through the online forms before you can be assessed and invited to interviews.
You can learn more about the application process from interviewing on Amazon.
Here’s an interesting story about Amazon’s Ring devices making a difference.
Stand Out Today
It comes as no surprise that Amazon service jobs are in high demand. Here’s a company that’s diverse in recruiting and offers employees upskilling and training opportunities as well.
Stand out with a customer service course by Small Revolution School. We have insights on live chat performance metrics and sales conversations that are sure to set you apart from other applicants.